I haven't been posting as often as I would like to, it has been so busy this last week! I do want to start off with saying a few days ago was my "official" weight check in, and.... drumroll please.... I am now down 10.8 lbs! The last week's weight loss slowed, but it is still progress, and for that I am happy! My immediate goal is to lose 30 lbs, and then my next goal will be an additional 30 lbs. So, as of 3 days ago, I am 1/3 the way to my first goal!
Anyway, back to the topic I really intended for this blog.
Water.
I was really starting to get tired of drinking so much water, so I did a little research on the topic to make sure I was pushing myself for the right reasons. Don't get me wrong, I know that water is so good for me, but I have always heard that water just "flushes the fat right out," and I wanted to make sure that was right. So here is the outcome of my research.
"Water flushes the fat right off of you"
False. Water does not flush fat. It is physically impossible.
"Water boosts your metabolism."
True. Drinking 17oz of cold water temporarily (for about 20-30 minutes) boosts your metabolism by up to 30%, to heat the water to body temperature.
"Your body has a hard time telling thirst from hunger."
True. Very often your body is trying to tell you that you are thirsty, but we perceive it as being hungry. Drinking 16 oz of water before a meal, you are likely to eat on average 75 calories less every meal!
"Drinking water flushes toxins from your body."
This one is true. The water filters toxins out of your kidneys, which is great for your overall health!
"Only WATER counts towards your water quota."
Myth. While pure water is a 0 calorie drink, many liquids will suffice in hydrating your body.
"You need 8 cups of water a day."
Myth. The recommended amount for an average healthy female adult is 9 cups, and an average healthy male adult is 13 cups, but this recommended amounts do very based one weight and how active you are.
This is an awesome water intake calculator that I found online -
http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
It actually recommends that I drink 17 cups a day!!!! WOW that is a lot! Hope everybody enjoys!
No comments:
Post a Comment