Thursday, July 26, 2012

two weeks and 9 pounds happier!

Today marks the close of two weeks eating low calorie. And, while I already spoiled it with the title, I will re-announce, I am 9 pounds lighter, and 9 pounds happier! I don't personally see a difference in myself yet, other than my dress pants that I wore today are fitting looser than I remember last week or the week before.... but I know that every week a difference is being made, and eventually I will look back at my starting photo and not even recognize myself. I can't wait until that happens!

I know it may not be the most entertaining read, but I am going to try to get back into the habit of posting what it is that I ate that day, because I am always looking for advice. I got a facebook post today from a friend that suggested substituting eggplant for lasagna noodles, and spaghetti squash for spaghetti noodles. I will have to give that a try considering 12 Barilla noodles have 760 calories and 152 carbs, and a large eggplant has 473 calories and 55 carbs!

I just googled veggie substitutes for pasta and found a blog, that while it doesn't seem to have a LOT of suggestions, it has a few hints that I need to try. Also anybody else wanting to watch carbs should at least give these ideas a shot!

http://blog.gourmandia.com/2010/03/22/pasta-substitutes/

Thanks, Dawn, for the great idea!

Today I started the day with 2 eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon (I have really come to love turkey bacon! my husband won't even try it, but if you are willing to, I like it much more than traditional...) and a cup of almond/ coconut milk which totaled out to 250 calories.

For lunch I had an apple, a Lean Cuisine (chicken and broccoli alfredo - actually not too bad!), a peaches n cream parfait by Dole, and a cup of green tea sweetened with a tbsp of honey. That came to 520 calories.

I had 25 pistachios for a snack, which is 80 calories (and a great source of healthy fats and protein).

And for dinner I was NOT in the mood to cook, so I went to Chipotle Mexican Grill, and ordered one of their burrito bowls, skipped adding rice, and had pico de gallo, chicken, black beans, and cheese. That came to 430 calories (and 48 grams of protein :) ).

I am working on cup number 10 of water, maybe 1/2 serving of veggies for the day (bad bad) 2 fruit, 2 dairy, 1 bread, and somewhere in the realm of 4 proteins. See? I'm trying! I have calories left over today, so maybe I will make myself a snack of asparagus. I REALLY like the recipe that I found on American Heart Association's website that I posted in an earlier post. If you haven't tried it yet, do it now!!

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/PreventionTreatmentofHighCholesterol/Lemony-Tilapia-and-Asparagus-Grill_UCM_313561_Recipe.jsp

I will leave tonight with this note:
The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince. ~Vincent Lombardi 

No comments:

Post a Comment