The last two days have been really difficult on me. I went
out of town on Sunday, so I ended up eating two meals out. I feel like I did
well, considering, but not today, not at all. I think I am keeping under my
calorie limit, but I know spreading food out and eating the right kinds of food
is just as important, which I did not do…..
Yesterday I had:
1 cup 1% milk - 100
1/3 cup Carnation instant breakfast - 130
1 banana - 85
1 oz low fat mozzarella string cheese – 80
Subway Sweet onion chicken teriyaki – 430
Small bite of Mike’s cookie – 22
8 oz filet mignon – 465?
1 cup zucchini sautéed in butter – around 85?
small salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing – 50?
a couple of bites (maybe ¼ cup) of macaroni and cheese – 75?
That totals out at somewhere in the neighborhood of 1522
calories for the day. While I am happy with that number, and even more happy
with myself that I drank somewhere around 12 cups of water, I only had 1 fruit,
while my goal is 3. Also had 2 ½ breads, which I would like to have 3 – 4 a
day, 3 proteins, 3 veggies, and 2 dairy.
Today was worse. I didn’t have time to eat breakfast before
work, so I threw a couple of snacks in a bag and headed out. All I ate were
those snacks until about 5:00 this evening.
1 cup almond coconut milk - 60
1 almond/flax granola bar – 140
1 peach - 50
When I got home I had a large bowl (maybe 2 cups) of vegetable
soup with a little bit of stew meat (I don’t even know how to guess this one…
400?)
Tonight I cooked shrimp and grits
Below I will post the recipe – I would love feedback from
anybody that has had / cooked shrimp and grits successfully, because I do not
feel this turned out correctly.
My guess for dinner is:
Grits – 150
Bacon – 150
Shrimp – 45 (a wonderfully lean meat!)
Chicken broth – 5
Onion – 5
Scallion – 5
Garlic – 2
Flour - 20
Lemon juice – 1
Dinner totals out at 381, which isn’t terrible at all.
I allowed myself a desert tonight, which is a frozen yogurt popsicle
thingy from Blue Bell. It was FANTASTIC and only 110 calories!!! If anybody
wants to try something sweet but not terribly unhealthy, I would suggest these,
in a heartbeat.
My GUESS for the day would be 1141, so I really should eat
something else, but it is a little too late for that now. I have had 8 cups of
water, and working on another 2 before bed, 2 dairy, 2-3 carbs (bigger serving
of grits), 3 veggies, 1 fruit (need to push myself more on that tomorrow) and 2
proteins.
Here is the recipe for the shrimp and grits I used. I feel
like it looks like a good recipe, and I would like to try it again, but I wasn’t
happy with it. I was more eating because I was starving, rather than because I
enjoyed it. But it was a lot of food
for the calories, which is nice.
http://sugarcrafter.net/2010/02/03/shrimp-grits/
P.S. I weighed myself last night - I refuse to post progress more than once a week, so I am waiting until Thursday night to weigh myself "for real" but just for a preview, I see progress!!!
Hi Becca,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Magan Denis and I am a friend of Wendy's here in Portland, OR. She told me about your blog and thought we should follow each other!
http://daskinnypdx.blogspot.com/
Sounds like you are off to a great start! Best of luck to you!!!
Magan
Hi Magan. It sounds like we are exact opposites, according to your blog. I feel I am having real success with what I eat, and hardly working out at all. It seems like you are having great success working out, and less with eating the right foods. Hopefully we can be good motivation for each other and really challenge each other on here! Any good tips on exercise? I would welcome any you have for me!
DeleteHi Becca,
ReplyDeleteIf you take a gander back through my blogs, I was posting exercise tips every post, but I've kinda fallen away with doing that. I'll have to jump back on it. I used to work out with a trainer, so I do have some good tips. My most favorite tip is, find something you LOVE doing, otherwise, it just doesn't get done. Exercising sucks (from my perspective) so doing something you really like is key. For me, its Yoga.
And yes - I know I can have a lot more success with what I eat - that is where I lack the most self control! I look forward to keeping up with you and think we can totally motivate each other!
Talk to you soon - (I'll work on getting my tips rolling again :) )
Magan