The reason I started blogging about what I eat, is so others can keep me accountable, and not let me slack off. While I haven't had any negative comments about my dieting faux pas, I did get a couple on Facebook yesterday, when I posted about my yummy lasagna that I made for dinner. Well, message received. Bye bye lasagna, see you in 50 pounds! *crying* They were right, though. I thought I was doing okay because I stayed within my calorie limit, and used low fat cheese, but what I was told, and now see, is that lasagna has LOTS of carbs. Way too many to be eating at night, especially with no exercise. Maybe after I lose 25 pounds I will treat myself to some for lunch or something.....
Long story short - Thank you guys for doing what I need. Call me out when I'm slacking or eating wrong!
I haven't been able to get in much exercise lately. The hubby works long days on Fridays and Saturdays, and it has been too hot to go for a walk with my baby. Hopefully I can get in a good hour or so at the gym tomorrow (even if it is in the evening).
Calorie-wise I haven't done too badly. Yesterday totaled out at 1575, and that included my lasagna and Chick fil a (8 count nuggets) for lunch. I had 3 fruit, 3 breads, only 1 veggie (tsk tsk), 3 proteins, 2 dairy, and 1 fat.
Chick fil a's 8 count nugget, by the way, only has 260 calories, and alongside a medium fruit cup (70Calories) it makes for a yummy lunch that totals at only 340!
Check out Eat This, Not That's website for great hints on eating out without 1000 calories and 100 grams of fat!
Today was better on one hand and worse on another. I ate very, very light, apparently (although it didn't feel that way when I was eating) and only totaled at 1284. Again, it is too late for me to eat more for the day... I need to get back to planning meals the day before so I can stay within my 1500 to 1600 calorie range. Today I had 2 dairy, 4 protein (woot woot), 2 fruits, 1.5 veggies (tsk tsk again), and 3 breads.
Does anybody know of a good black beans and rice recipe? I tried making one on my own with black beans, white rice, green bell peppers, and red onions. I didn't care for it, but maybe I didn't season well enough. Would love suggestions!
Also, something I learned, Greek yogurt is a GREAT snack, A lot of protein that will keep you full until lunch (or dinner) and not too many more calories than regular, lowfat yogurt!
No comments:
Post a Comment