So the last night was rough on me. I ate out at Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and I'm sure there were many more calories than I hoped for. I got chicken critters, but I did peal off most of the fried coating, so hopefully that saved me some. I absolutely love their buns and cinnamon butter, but I only allowed myself half of one, with barely enough butter to taste it. I got mixed veggies (probably cooked in butter, at least that's how it tasted) and a sweet potato with nothing on it except a little butter. Man, a lot of butter last night, I am realizing! Throughout the day I did fine, so I didn't feel so bad about allowing myself to eat that last night, but on a normal day - no way!
I did discover something really encouraging last night, though. I officially weighed myself. I know at night is not ideal to weigh yourself, but since that is what I did last Thursday night, I figured I would follow through and weigh myself one week later at night, and I also weighed myself thismorning, so from now on it will be Thursday morning weights. From last Thursday night until yesterday (Wednesday) night.... wait for it....
I lost 4.4 pounds!!!! That is INSAIN for one week - especially because I have never had success in dieting before! I actually keep thinking that something was wrong with my scale the night that I originally weighed myself, but my husband keeps telling me to just be happy with it. I am starting, now, with weighing myself in the morning, and it was pretty nice to get up and weigh myself at even 2.6 pounds less than I was last night. So, now I have a new "starting" weight. My goal is to lose 60 more pounds. I know it will take a long time (there is no way I will continue to lose 4 pounds a week!!!) but I am more motivated now than I have ever been! I would like to lose this in 1 year. My 25th birthday is coming up, so my long term goal is to be at my goal weight by my 26th birthday. It is going to be hard, but I am ready.
I got up early enough, and my husband didn't have to go to work until later, so I was able to get in a good workout thismorning. I used the elliptical for about 30 minutes, and did 4 sets of 10 leg curls at 20lbs. I'm guessing what was burned in that is about 100 Calories. I was ready to give up at about 10 minutes on the elliptical, but I kept telling myself "you are 1/3 done" or "you are 1/2 done" and that seemed to help a lot. I even power strode the last 2 minutes!
Rather than itemizing, like I usually do, I am just going to say my totals for the last couple of days.
Tuesday I had about 1,200 Calories, and I was STARVING at night. I ended up just going to bed without eating more, but I really should have eaten more during the day. I had 3 1/2 fruits, 2 dairy, only 1 veggie, 3 proteins, and 1 bread. That's probably why I was so hungry, now that I think about it....
Wednesday, I had, my guess, about 1,661 Calories. Over half of that came from dinner at Texas Roadhouse, even though I was trying to eat well there. I did have 2 fruits, 1 dairy, 3 proteins, 3 veggies, and 3 breads, though (along with some fat from butter).
Today has been much better, because I am not eating out. That seems to be the biggest fault in dieting - it is next to impossible to eat right at a restaurant. Even with eating veggies, the chefs want them to taste good, so they are soaked in butter!
Today I am at 150 for cereal and 85 for a banana for breakfast. Lunch was fantastic. I had tilapia, asparagus, and black beans and rice, all at only 575 Calories. That puts me at 810 for the day. That leaves enough for a small snack (maybe some applesauce and a couple of graham crackers) and a nice dinner!
I hope any readers are getting encouraged by these posts, and would love to hear feedback from anybody else, success or not! We can all work together to get healthier and have bodies that we love.
No comments:
Post a Comment