So yesterday, and the day before, I tried eating low carb (under 150 grams per day). That is HARD! I had to almost force myself to eat as much protein as supposedly I am supposed to have. While I am sure that would work better to burn calories, I feel like if I kept trying to follow it, I would end up breaking and giving up on the whole thing. So.... I decided to go back to just eating less than 1600 calories. This has been working for me, and even though I am sure I eat more carbs and less protein than I am supposed to, I actually feel satisfied at the end of the day, rather than stressed out. As long as I keep loosing weight I am happy with however it is that I am doing it. For anybody interested, I did find a fantastic website, that while I am not following it exactly, it did give me some great insight.
www.acaloriecounter.com
This website really teaches the difference in good fats and bad, good carbs and bad, etc. Even though I am not going to follow it exactly (150 grams of carbs max), I did go grocery shopping and made conscious decisions to buy carbs that are high in fiber (which keeps you feeling fuller, longer) rather than high in sugar.
I have gotten into the bad habit of weighing myself every morning. It is exciting to see the pounds coming off, but at the same time, I know weight can fluctuate, so it would be better for me to go back to once a week...
The last couple of days I have had just under 1600 every day, which means I am doing great! Today for dinner I had a frozen bag of garlic shrimp linguini with all kinds of mixed vegetables, and it was awesome! There were 2 cups (when cooked) of food, 1 cup is a serving, and only 190 calories. I was still hungry after the first cup, so I went ahead and let myself have seconds, because it was so low calorie, and I still ended the day at only 1475! I can't wait until Thursday to post my new weight loss, because, even though it wont be as big as last week, I am still excited to see it coming off!
Also check out www.calorieking.com - super helpful!
ReplyDelete